Save to Win® Certificate
Here’s your chance to win big when you save a little. With a Save to Win Certificate, saving just $25 a month could win you cash prizes up to $5,000.
It Pays To Save
Open a Save to Win Certificate and earn entries to win prizes from $25 to $5,000 just by saving regularly.
Every $25 increase in month-over-month balance earns one entry into the monthly and quarterly cash prize drawings. Plus, the deposits made and dividends earned are yours, regardless of the lottery drawing results.
More Product Details:
- Minimum balance $25
- Limit 10 entries per month and 30 per quarter
- Members are also eligible for A+FCU-only prizes
- Visit savetowin.org for saving tips and to learn more about the program
|Drawing Timing||A+FCU Prizes||National Prizes|
|Monthly||5 $150 Winners||
156 $25 Winners
4 $50 Winners
2 $200 Winners
1 $1,000 Winner
|Quarterly||1 $1,000 Winner||
10 $100 Winners
10 $250 Winners
8 $500 Winners
8 $1,000 Winners
1 $2,000 Winner
1 $5,000 Winner
Not A Member?
Open your Save to Win Certificate online in minutes. Click the button below to join A+FCU through our easy online application > Select the certificate you want to open > Submit your application.
Open your new Save to Win Certificate online through A+ Online Banking. After you log in, click Menu > Open & Apply > Open Additional Shares .
|Save to Win Certificate||12 Months||$25||2.79%|
Frequently Asked Questions
Save to Win is a prize-linked savings account that offers the chance to win prizes in addition to earning regular interest. It requires a small opening deposit of $25 and allows an unlimited number of deposits during the 12-month share certificate term.
The more you save, the more opportunities you have to win (maximum of 10 entries per month).
For every $25 increase in month-over-month balance, you earn one entry into the monthly and quarterly prize drawings. There’s no minimum number of deposits required, but there’s a maximum of 10 entries per month and 30 entries per quarter per member.
In order to participate and be eligible to win prizes, the Save to Win Certificate must be open through the drawing period, and all participants must be:
- 18 years of age or older — children can’t be primary or joint account holders on an account with a Save to Win Certificate
- A state of Texas resident
- A member with a Membership Savings Account in good standing
Credit union employees and board members aren’t eligible to receive prizes from the national or A+FCU-only drawings (this includes joint ownership).
A member is limited to one certificate per Social Security number or ITIN. If a member opens an account at more than one participating credit union, the account that was opened first will be the one for which the member receives drawing entries.
Members of the same household can have one Save to Win Certificate each, as long as they’re each primary owners on their own account and meet other eligibility requirements.
Save to Win Certificates are only available on personal accounts.
A member is limited to winning one national prize per month and one national prize per quarter. However, a member is eligible to win both a national prize and an A+FCU-only prize in the same drawing month or quarter.
Members will receive one entry in the monthly drawing for every $25 increase in month-over-month balance, up to a maximum of 10 entries per month. Each monthly entry is also entered into the quarterly prize drawing, up to a maximum of 30 entries per quarter (see example below).
- Month 1 Drawing – $100 deposit = 4 entries
- Month 2 Drawing – $50 deposit = 2 entries
- Month 3 Drawing – $25 deposit = 1 entries
- Quarterly Drawing = 7 entries total
The number of entries is based on the increase in a member’s month-over-month balance. If a member deposits $100 in a given month then withdraws that amount in the same month, the member will not receive any entries for that drawing period.
The number of entries are automatically recorded once the balance is calculated at month-end processing.
A+FCU will notify winners via telephone, email, and/or letter and prize winnings will be deposited into the member’s Membership Savings.
Winners who receive prize earnings that total $600 or more in a given year are required to report earnings on their next year’s tax returns and may be required to pay applicable state and federal taxes. A+FCU will send members who receive more than $600 in prizes for a given tax year a 1099-MISC form for their tax reporting purposes.
Actual odds of winning are based upon the number of eligible entries received. For each eligible entry the chance of winning monthly or quarterly prizes is equal to that of all other entries in the raffle.
The more deposits you make, the more entries you will earn toward the monthly and quarterly drawings. There’s a maximum of 10 entries per month and 30 per quarter.
Rates & Resources
To keep you from having to do all the math, we’ve provided rates & calculators for all kinds of situations.
Ready to take control of your finances? See what steps to follow to develop a spending and saving plan and follow through on it.
Financial health is a key part of overall wellness. Count on us to provide the knowledge and tools you need to make sense of your money, better your financial journey, and improve your peace of mind.
Join The A+FCU Family
Joining is easy and comes not only with a wide variety of money-saving products tailored to fit your needs, but also exclusive member-only benefits.
Disclosures & Rules
A+ Federal Credit Union
2023 Save to Win® Savings Promotion Raffle
OFFICIAL ACCOUNT AND PRIZE ENTRY RULES
The A+ Federal Credit Union (“Credit Union”) Save to Win® Savings Promotion Raffle (“Raffle”) begins on January 1 and ends December 31 of the current year (“Raffle Period”). The following Official Account and Prize Entry Rules (“Official Rules”) apply to all Raffle participants.
1. Who May Enter: The Raffle is open to all natural persons who, at the time of entry (a) are Credit Union members, (b) are at least 18 years of age, (c) are residents of a state in which the principal place of business of one or more participating credit unions is located, and (d) who maintain a traditional share account (the account which qualifies the individual for membership) in good standing with the Credit Union (“Eligible Members”). Officers, directors and employees of any participating credit union, (including joint accounts of officers, directors and employees) are not eligible to participate in the Raffle. Officers, directors and employees of any participating credit unions’ vendors, (including joint accounts of officers, directors and employees of any participating credit union’s vendors) are likewise ineligible to participate in the Raffle.
2. How to Enter: To participate in the Raffle, Eligible Members must open a Qualifying Certificate Account with the Credit Union during the Raffle Period with a minimum deposit of $25 (“Participating Member”). Participating Members will receive Raffle entries automatically based upon the following:
Central Prize Drawings: National Drawings will be conducted monthly, quarterly and/or annually during the Raffle Period. Participating Members will receive one (1) entry for every $25 increase in the monthly balance of the Qualifying Certificate Account at month’s end, with a maximum of ten (10) entries per Participating Member per month. Participating Members are further limited to a total of thirty (30) entries for each Central quarterly prize drawing and are limited to a total of one hundred and twenty (120) entries for each Central annual prize drawing.
Credit Union Prize Drawings: In addition to the Central prize drawings, the Credit Union will conduct its own monthly and quarterly prize drawings. Participating Members will receive one (1) entry for every $25 increase in the monthly balance of the Qualifying Certificate Account at month’s end, with a maximum of ten (10) entries per Participating Member per month. Participating Members are further limited to a total of thirty (30) entries for each Credit Union quarterly prize drawings. The Credit Union reserves the right to change their drawing prize structure at any time upon notice to the Participating Member.
Automatic entries will be recorded by the Credit Union once the balance is calculated at month-end processing. Qualifying deposits must be received and posted by the Credit Union by midnight Central Time on the last day of each month. Automatic entries are eligible to win only during the drawing period in which they were submitted.
Other than making deposits as described in these Official Rules, no other action, and no other purchase or other consideration is required for an entry into a prize drawing.
3. Qualifying Certificate Account: The Credit Union will establish Qualifying Certificate Accounts. A Qualifying Certificate Account is a share certificate. Rates and other terms and conditions of a Qualifying Certificate Account may vary among participating credit unions. A Participating Member is limited to one (1) Qualifying Certificate Account at one (1) participating credit union, with a minimum opening deposit of $25. A minimum balance of $25 must be maintained in the Qualifying Certificate Account for it to remain open. Participating Members may deposit unlimited funds in a Qualifying Certificate Account, with an unlimited number of deposits; however, entries into the Raffle shall be limited as set forth in these Official Rules. A Participating Member may make a maximum of one (1) withdrawal from the Qualifying Certificate Account during any twelve (12) month period, with an early withdrawal penalty of $25. More than one (1) withdrawal within any twelve (12) month period will result in the disqualification of the Participating Member’s Qualifying Certificate Account from consideration for subsequent prizes, the forfeiture by Participating Member of all entries for prizes and the closure of the Qualifying Certificate Account.
4. Prize Eligibility: In order to be eligible to win a Prize in a drawing, a Participating Member’s Qualifying Certificate Account must be open and active through the drawing period. A Participating Member is limited to winning one Central prize per drawing period. A Participating Member is limited to winning one Credit Union prize per drawing period. A Participating Member is eligible to win both a Central prize and a Credit Union prize in the same drawing period. If the Qualifying Certificate Account is owned by more than one individual, the primary member under whose taxpayer identification number earnings on the account would be reported to the Internal Revenue Service should such reporting be required for the account shall be deemed the Participating Member and only the Participating Member shall be eligible to win a prize. All transactions constituting Raffle entries must occur within a state in which the principal place of business of one or more participating credit unions is located. Before receiving any prize, a Participating Member must confirm eligibility by verifying identity, age and certifying that all transactions constituting Raffle entries occurred within a state in which the principal place of business of one or more participating credit unions is located. If the Participating Member fails to do so within thirty (30) days after the Credit Union notifies the Participating Member that he/she is a winner, the Participating Member shall forfeit the prize involved and the prize will be awarded to the first alternate winner. If a Participating Member is ineligible for the Raffle, such Participating Member will continue to be the account holder of the Qualifying Certificate Account, but deposits to the account will not constitute qualifying Raffle entries.
5. Prizes: All cash prizes from the Central drawings and cash prizes from the Credit Union drawings will be deposited into the winning Participating Member’s traditional share account. Cash Prizes may not be deposited in the Participating Member’s Qualifying Certificate Account. All Central drawing winning Participating Members and winners from the Credit Union drawings will be selected from among all Participating Members in the Raffle Drawings. Central drawings will be conducted within fourteen (14) days of the conclusion of the previous month/quarter. Central Annual Drawings will be conducted within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the previous year. Winning Participating Members will be notified via telephone, email, or standard U.S.P.S. mail. Prizes are non-transferrable. Participating Members need not be present at the drawing to win. The Credit Union will provide Participating Members winning prizes equal to or more than $600 for the given tax year with an IRS 1099 MISC form. A complete list of Central drawing prizes as applicable from time to time will be listed on the savetowin.org consumer website.
A+FCU CREDIT UNION PRIZE DRAWINGS:
2023 Credit Union Prize Drawings totaling $13,000 annually with prizes each month/quarter will be awarded to winning members as follows:
FIVE (5) WINNING ENTRIES WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED TO RECEIVE A $150 CASH PRIZE EACH MONTH
ONE (1) WINNING ENTRY WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED TO RECEIVE A $1,000 CASH PRIZE EACH QUARTER
6. Odds: Actual odds of winning are based upon the number of eligible entries received. Each eligible entry shall have a chance of winning Central and Credit Union prizes that is equal to that of all other entries in the Raffle. Except for making deposits as described, taking any other action, or purchasing any goods or services, will not increase the odds of winning.
7. Prize Administration and Research Study. Save to Win® entries and prize drawings are submitted to and conducted by CU Solutions Group, Incorporated (CUSG), an affiliate of the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL), a non-profit credit union trade association. The Save to Win® program is part of an ongoing research project of CUSG and Commonwealth, which entails the study of information about prize-linked savings programs and savings habits of consumers. To participate in the Raffle, the Participating Member’s Taxpayer Identification Number is transmitted by the Credit Union via a secure data sharing process and then replaced with a new unique identifier by CUSG for Raffle and reporting purposes. The Participating Members’ Taxpayer Identification Numbers will be deleted from the file by CUSG as soon as it is securely encrypted and are not stored on any third-party system or accessible by third party administrators. Information provided to CUSG by participating credit unions for Participating Members under the Save to Win® program (excluding account holder’s Taxpayer Identification Numbers, names and addresses, but will include account holder’s state of residency and zip codes) will be shared with Commonwealth for research purposes. It will not be shared with any other entity or used for any other purpose, unless an individual Participating Member has authorized disclosure of such information in writing to Commonwealth and any third parties, and only to extent of such authorization.
8. Decisions: By entering the Raffle, Participating Members agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and to accept the decisions of CUSG and the Credit Unions as final. Participating Members also agree to hold the Credit Union, each participating credit union, and each third party contributing funds and/or services to the Raffle (collectively and hereinafter referred to as the “Parties”) and each of their officers, directors, employees, members, representatives, and agents harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Raffle, or the acceptance of a prize. The Parties and each of their officers, directors, employees, members, representatives, and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of Participating Members, entrants and/or winners arising from, or in connection with, acceptance of prizes awarded or participation in the Raffle. The Credit Union reserves the right to disqualify Participating Members, entrants and/or winners who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Raffle and prize redemption.
9. Publicity: Each winning Participating Member agrees to permit the Parties to use his/her name and likeness in promotional and other materials, via all forms of media now known or hereafter devised worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further or additional notice, attribution, permission or compensation (other than the prize(s) won), except where prohibited by law.
10. Compliance with Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, Participating Members, prize winners, and the Parties in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to its choice of law principles, and applicable Federal law. Matters solely between a participating credit union and its members and matters concerning the legality of a participating credit union participating in the Raffle shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the state in which the participating credit union’s principal place of business is located without regard to its choice of law principles, and applicable Federal law. The Raffle is void where and to the extent prohibited by law.
11. Taxes: Winning Participating Members are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the prize, unless otherwise indicated.
12. Miscellaneous: The Parties may agree to substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the Official Rules or discontinue the Raffle at any time. The Parties disclaim any responsibility to notify Participating Members of any aspect related to the conduct of the Raffle. Written copies of these Official Rules are available during normal business hours at any A+ Federal Credit Union location. Copies of the authoritative and updated rules are available at savetowin.org . In the event of any conflict between the Official Rules posted on the savetowin.org website and any other version of the Official Rules, the version posted on the Save to Win website will be considered the definitive and controlling version.
13. Sponsor: A+ Federal Credit Union is the sponsor of this promotion.